What and Why of CBAP®
CBAP® stands for Certified Business Analysis Professional, the 3rd level certification provided by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), Canada (www.IIBA® .org).
Currently CBAP is the highest level certification available from IIBA.
Following are some of the benefits of becoming a CBAP® :
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- BA is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for CBAP®
CBAP examination targets the following audience:
- Current CCBAs
- Seasoned BAs
- BA Consultants
Eligibility for CBAP®
- Minimum 7500 hours of Business analysis-related work in the last 10
- Professional development: 35 hours of verifiable BABOK® coursework in the last 4 years. Adaptive Processes is an authorized EEP of IIBA®, its trainings provide desired PDUs for the CBAP® certification examination.
- References: Two references from a career manager, client (internal or external) or CBAP®.
- Minimum 900 hours in each of the 4 knowledge areas.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
CBAP® Question pattern
- This will be a scenario and case study based examination.
- Longer cases (1-1.5 pages) of information
- Multiple questions about the case
- Multiple choice answers
- 120 questions
- 3.5 hours
- Take an approved training from an endorsed EEP. Adaptive US is a premier education partner to IIBA.
- Become an IIBA® member at IIBA® .org.
- Benefits include free, unlimited access to the BABOK® and 300+ online books, local, national and international networking opportunities and ability to influence the growth and direction of the BA profession.
- Take required training from an IIBA® EEP, such as Adaptive US (www.AdaptiveUS.com).
- Download BABOK® and start reading.
- Join a study group, or start one.
- Begin preparing for the application.
- Application expires within 1 year from approval
- 3 exams can be taken within a year without any waiting time in between
Preparing the application
- Begin the application at least 2 weeks before you plan to apply.
- It can take anywhere from 6-10 hours to complete.
- Download and use Adaptive BA experience calculator.
- Apply within 6 months of when you plan to write.