What and why of ECBA
ECBA stands for Entry Certificate in Business Analysis, 1st level certification provided by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), Canada (www.IIBA.org).
Following are some of the benefits of becoming a ECBA® :
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- Business analysis is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for ECBA
ECBA examination targets the following audience:
- Individuals entering the BA profession:
- Students enrolled in BA academic programs
- New graduates
- Professionals transitioning careers
- Functional managers who are not BAs but manage them
Eligibility for ECBA
- Prior business analysis-related work experience is not required.
- Professional development: 21 hours of verifiable BABOK® coursework in the last 4 years. Adaptive US is an authorized EEP of IIBA®, its trainings provide required PDUs for the ECBA certification examination.
- References: Not required.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
ECBA® Question pattern
This is a knowledge based examination.
50 Multiple choice questions to be answered in 1 hour